So it’s now the 5th of January, definitely enough time to seriously consider my New Year’s Resolutions, without legging it to the gym and never using my membership after the end of January. Plus I HATE those resolution gym treadmill stealing newbies who arrive all made-up and matching and take over all the machines for a month all full of swagger and pzazz, and then never come back. Ok rant over.
Here is my carefully-put-together-made-with-love list of New Year’s Resolutions: (in no particular order)
- Get a job that defies awesomeness in Marketing/PR/Social Media/Event Management-preferably a giant mix of all of the above
- Get my full Driver’s License and actually use it. I will let you all know when I finally take to the roads so you have the option of not, while I find my feet.
- Take more photos and make the time to do it slowly like when I was in college.
- Travel more- Already this year I’ve booked Berlin to see Florence in March, Barcelona this weekend, have to book Manchester with the lovely Ciara for our anti-European Cup trip, and somewhere along the lines I want to make it to Edinburgh to see Shell and Paulie, Southampton to meet baby Leila, Cath and Mike, and London to visit Emma, Mags, Emer, Ruth, Jamie, Paul, Kasia, Amy and more… On this hit list, if someone else is paying I’ll add in a few weeks in Thailand,Vietnam and Laos and a shopping trip to New York when my little brother Ali hits the East Coast with his buddies for the summer. Oh and Galway to see Rosalie and James, Rory, Jonny and Ciara and Gary.
- Hand in my Post-Grad projects. FINALLY. By the end of January. POW.
- Get back into Zumba classes at the end of January with Ciara.
- Start to run again twice a week- I know…When it’s a little less gale-forcey.
- Get back into music- Feel like my iPod list it about 10 years old. Seriously, any suggestions for playlists welcome 🙂 Also going to more gigs would be delightful. small and cosy. Noel Gallagher and Florence are on the list so far.
- Go somewhere random in Ireland with the girls for a weekend. Something like Delphi or Killarney back in the day. YUUUUUHUUU!
- Learn some more yummy recipes like these
- Get a few facials. Want to try this
- Be more positive and not so cynical in certain situations.
- Start an intercambio or get back into my Spanish when Ana comes to live in Dublin yay 🙂
- Embrace the pale.
- Learn a new skill. Mosaic classes or pottery anyone? I’ll make you an amazing pot for Christmas.
- Find new places in Dublin to love it all over again. Open to many suggestions on this one.
- Cut down my wardrobe and fill it with smaller amounts of more useable lovlieness. Bags and shoes are an exemption to this rule.
- Step back and see the bigger picture. It’s not always black and white. This is a toughie.
This list is ever changing. Let me know if you have any more suggestions.